INN with SSL encryption

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Feb 27 09:45:52 UTC 2008

Hi Richard,

>      I want to use SSL encryption in INN, what's the best way to implement it?
>     Does it can set user1 use SSL encryption,user2 do not use?because of different service level.

If you speak about readers (that is to say nnrpd), there is a TLS implementation.
Just bind nnrpd to the NNTP/SSL port with something like:

    su news -c '/usr/local/news/bin/nnrpd -D -c /usr/local/news/etc/readers-ssl.conf -p 563 -S'

However, if you want to encrypt a feed between two news servers (with innd),
you will have to use a stunnel or anything else you want in order to have
a SSL or SSH tunnel between your two servers.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Qui prête à rire n'est jamais sûr d'être remboursé. » (Raymond Devos)