INN with SSL encryption

- buffne01 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 29 16:15:12 UTC 2008

Hi Julien,

> I have just tried and unfortunately neither Outlook Express/Windows Mail
> nor Thunderbird currently know how to use STARTTLS with NNTP (but with POP
> and SMTP, they do).

We have a working serversystem with FreeBSD 6.3 and innd with SSL
activated. Working clients are: Thunderbird 2.x, XanaNews (tested).
Clients connect through port 563 with accepting certificate
first. Then they authenticate with normal username and pass.
But for now, i cannot say which flags have to be set for
compilation.

Dont give up.
Good luck.

Gabi