Expireover running really slow

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Jan 10 02:53:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Kristian [ISO-8859-1] Grønfeldt Sørensen wrote:

> Well it sounds like I should try using tradindexed overview instead.
>
> Would it be safe to stop innd, delete the overview buffers, change
> ovmethod in inn.conf and rebuild the overview using "makehistory -x -O"?

That should do it.

It make take quite a while on a machine with a lot of spool (which it
sounds like yours is).  You may find some of the makehistory options
relevant to a modern machine...I'm thinking specifically of -F and -l (and
perhaps -T if necessary, to get a good amount of speedy temp space for the
benefit of the other options).

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org