ckpasswd -d invalid option

Rene Joergensen rgj at bananas.dk
Wed Jan 23 06:23:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 06:59:13PM -0800, Richard Huang wrote:

> I want use "ckpasswd -d" to auth user from MySql DB,but when I run
> ckpasswd -d ,the terminal told me "ckpasswd -d invalid
> option",what's wrong with me?
> thanks very much!

You have the "I dont read manpages"-syndrome.

-d database
    Read passwords from a database (ndbm or dbm format depending on what
    your system has) rather than by using getpwnam(3). ckpasswd expects
    database.dir and database.pag to exist and to be a database keyed by
    username with the encrypted passwords as the values.

--
-René