Bad access to IP address in memory

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jul 4 21:18:02 UTC 2008

Hi Russ,

>    case CTnntp:
>        snprintf(cp->Name, sizeof(cp->Name), "%s:%d",
>                 cp->Address.ss_family == 0 ? "localhost" : RChostname(cp),
>                 cp->fd);
>        break;
>
> I wonder if something similar is needed in status, although the results
> you see still don't look like printing out zeroed memory.

Sure.  It would indeed solve the visible problem, but not what happens
below the iceberg.

By the way, if I change
    memset( &new->Address, 0, sizeof( new->Address ) );
    memset( &new->Address, 1, sizeof( new->Address ) );
or another value, "localhost" is not written;  I thought ss_family
could be AF_INET or AF_INET6 (or 0).

>> (something writing into new->Address without permission?  but how can it
>> be found out?)
>
> valgrind, maybe....

Sorry for this lame question but... how to run innd under valgrind?

I tried

    valgrind --trace-children=yes --track-fds=yes --log-file=inn-valgrind /home/news/bin/innd

(and also rc.news)
but it does not work.  After a few seconds, valgrind stops...  (And innd goes on alone.)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Poussez pas derrière !
  -- Pas si vite devant ! » (Astérix)