Permanent pread of history.hash file

Sebastian Wiesinger inn at tracker.fire-world.de
Thu Jul 10 20:55:18 UTC 2008

* Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> [2008-07-10 22:25]:
> This is a wild guess, but if you had a history database that was sized way
> too small for the number of articles you were storing, you would have
> gotten multiple bucket and hash table overflows and each hash lookup will
> be very, very slow and will end up reading all over the place in the
> history file.

And you are absolutely right! Thank you so much for your help, that
solved the problem completely.

Something I have learned today: After importing >10.000.000 articles,
update dbz files.

Thank you and good night.

Sebastian

--
GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant