Problems moving newsserver from 32bit to 64bit

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Thu Jul 24 21:21:35 UTC 2008

On Jul 09, Sebastian Wiesinger <inn at tracker.fire-world.de> wrote:

> I'm currently trying to move my inn (2.4.3) from an 32bit system to an
> 64bit system (both Debian Etch) and I'm running into a lot of trouble.
> I'm using cnfs with tradindexed. I just copied over all the data
> (cnfs/overview/history) and tried to start innd. That failed with:
Some storage and overview methods CANNOT be moved between 32 and 64 bit
systems, and while in principle it may be possibile to convert the data
there are no tools to do it.
This is why in testing we have inn2 and inn2-lfs, the latter package
built with 64 bit support.

--
ciao,
Marco