INN 2.4.5 release?
julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jun 6 19:58:36 UTC 2008
I am tempted to suggest a 2.4.5 release within a few weeks in order
to address the following issues which were unfortunately shipped
with INN 2.4.4 and now fixed in STABLE:
* the "alarm signal" around SSL_read: it is quite annoying for
news servers if this signal is not present because more and more
nnrpd-ssl processes stay in memory;
* a compilation problem with AF_INET6 not inside a HAVE_INET6 block
* a bug in ipAddrs which contained thrice the same IPs: it slowed
the peer IP rotation for innfeed.
* a segmentation fault when an article of a size greater than remaining
stack is retrieved via SSL.
Besides, we can ship :
* the new *improved* version of pullnews;
* the new headers accessible through Perl and Python hooks;
* SO_KEEPALIVE in SSL TCP connections.
Do you see something else to fix?
And please tell me if you think a 2.4.5 release that quickly is a good idea
or not. The main problem is the first one in this mail and I am sorry I
have missed it.
As for assertions issues... no news for them. I do not know what
« Vbi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant. » (Galgagus de Tacite)
More information about the inn-workers