INN 2.4.5 release?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jun 6 19:58:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am tempted to suggest a 2.4.5 release within a few weeks in order
to address the following issues which were unfortunately shipped
with INN 2.4.4 and now fixed in STABLE:

    * the "alarm signal" around SSL_read:  it is quite annoying for
      news servers if this signal is not present because more and more
      nnrpd-ssl processes stay in memory;
    * a compilation problem with AF_INET6 not inside a HAVE_INET6 block
      in innfeed/host.c;
    * a bug in ipAddrs which contained thrice the same IPs:  it slowed
      the peer IP rotation for innfeed.

Also fixed:

    * a segmentation fault when an article of a size greater than remaining
      stack is retrieved via SSL.

Besides, we can ship :

    * the new *improved* version of pullnews;
    * the new headers accessible through Perl and Python hooks;
    * SO_KEEPALIVE in SSL TCP connections.

Do you see something else to fix?
And please tell me if you think a 2.4.5 release that quickly is a good idea
or not.  The main problem is the first one in this mail and I am sorry I
have missed it.

As for assertions issues... no news for them.  I do not know what
generates them.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Vbi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant. » (Galgagus de Tacite)