Refreshing Python filters?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Jun 8 13:08:45 UTC 2008

Hi David,

> and thanks for pointing me on telnet, here comes really interesting
> result, what does it means?

Indeed, it is very interesting.

I have just reproduced it just after issuing "mode reader" (I do not
use auth).

15:01 news at news ~% telnet localhost 119
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 news.trigofacile.com InterNetNews server INN 2.5.0 (20080608 prerelease) ready
mode reader
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x080d51f8 ***
Connection closed by foreign host.

Well, it is a bug in the source code...
I believe in nnrpd/python.c (?)

By the way, no need for you to type "mode reader" since you are already one
(you are welcomed by NNRP).
I see you have a problem with munmap_chunk() in your test with STABLE 2.4.5
(strange that the error is not the same!).

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Ouvre l'œil, et le bon !
  -- L'autre, je peux pas encore l'ouvrir, je risque pas de me tromper ! » (Astérix)