innd segfaults upon exit(1)

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Mar 24 10:19:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

If I put something wrong in newsfeeds (for instance "O" alone without
the originator) and if I do

    ctlinnd reload newsfeeds ''

nothing happens during two minutes [indeed, I have not specified a timeout].
When ctlinnd finally finds out that innd is not responding, it gives
the hand back.

What strikes me most is that syslog writes:

    Mar 24 10:59:19 news kernel: innd[9181]: segfault at 000003dc eip b7eefdba esp bfc165a0 error 4

while innd JustCleanup() and exit(1), which is what gdb says:

    (gdb)
    Program exited with code 01.
    (gdb)
    The program is not being run.

Does someone have an idea of where the segfault could come?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Il y a des gens qui parlent jusqu'à ce qu'ils arrivent
  à trouver quelque chose à dire. » (Sacha Guitry)