SSL connection timeout (and 2 patches)

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon May 19 13:16:43 UTC 2008

> Thanks!
>
> line.c: In function 'alarmHandler':
> line.c:49: warning: unused parameter 's'
>
> What am I supposed to do with "s" in alarmHandler(int s)?

Mark it as UNUSED.  Signal handlers always take the signal as an argument
so that you can use the same signal handler for multiple signals if you
want to.

> What is the use of KEEPALIVE if ALARM does the same job, and even more?

You may want to drop client connections that have gone away entirely on a
faster time frame than the client timeout policy, if you can detect them
in the network stack.