perl filter & "standard" headers

Matija Nalis mnalis-ml at voyager.hr
Sat May 24 17:23:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:46:29PM +0200, Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> Hi Matija,
> > X-Complaints-To
> > Complaints-To
>
> Is the second one really used?

You're right, I've seen it only in google posts, and they also have the
first one, so it probably could be ignored.

> > X-NoArchive
> Isn't it X-No-Archive?

yup, my typo

> > Cancel-Lock
> And Cancel-Key too?

Cancel-Key seems to already be present.

> > It should be rather trivial to include ARTHEADERINIT() calls for them unless
> > I'm overseeing some subtle code ?
>
> Yes it is.

Good :)

> > Also, any other suggestions for other useful headers ?
>
> In-Reply-To?

already in STABLE.

> I also thought about X-Face, X-PGP-Sig, Mime-Version and Content-Transfer-Encoding
> but I do not know if they are really useful for filters...

They might be, and the cost of adding them is minor. Better to add all we
find interesting at once than to find a need to add more headers soon.

> > Would a (trivial, and tested of course) patch for adding
> > those be accepted ?
>
> Of course it is :-)
> It is something I have wanted to do for a year (May 2007)...

OK, great, I'll start on it right away.

> > And/or maybe provide generic $hdr{__HEADERS__} (or $hdr{__ARTICLE__} if it
> > is easier) which would contain read-only string containing all headers (or
> > all headers+body) ?
>
> It sounds a great idea!

OK. I'll first produce easier patch for the fixed headers, and then try to
dig into __HEADERS__ stuff.

> Here is a copy of what I sent last year, in order to provide some more information.

Thanks! too bad that inn-bugs is not archived :(

I've also did some grep on my news spool to find interesting stuff...
And deleted some stuff which is actually in innd.c but not in docs.
I'll need to sync those too.

OK, so here is the full list of potentially useful headers I intend to add.
If somebody thinks of more, let me know.

Cancel-Lock
Content-Transfer-Encoding
Face
Injection-Info