pullnews - bugfix, wishlist, new features

Geraint Edwards gedge-lists-inn-workers at yadn.org
Sat Nov 15 17:42:03 UTC 2008

Julien ?LIE <julien at trigofacile.com> said
		(on Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 04:01:35PM +0100):
> Thanks for your patch.  Just committed.

Hi Julien - thanks.

> Speaking about codes, I see:
> [...]
> 440 and 441 (in comments) are not used there.

Not sure what you're driving at, with that comment.
Those codes fall through to the 'else' - the catch-all.

> push @warns, "Post $i to server declined ($code): $msg"
>          if $msg !~ /^435 $msgid$/
>             and $msg !~ /duplicate message-id/io;
> [...]
> "if $msg !~ /^435 $msgid$/" will as often as not be true because
> there isn't necessarily a message-ID after 435.

You're right that it doesn't necessarily follow, but my experience
is that it's usally there.

@warns is an attempt to find if any *other* messages for duplicate-message
are in use (I want to avoid seeing common messages of that kind - since
duplicate IDs are usual) - call it me being paranoid about the messages for
POSTing.

Or, have I missed something more obvious? :)

--
Geraint A. Edwards (aka "Gedge")
gedge at yadn.org