CURRENT branch and older OSes

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Nov 19 13:41:27 UTC 2008

Hi The Doctor,

> Bind identifiyg a problem in BSD?OS and fd.
> In fact we had to lower a limit.

Which limit?

overcachesize

    How many cache slots to reserve for open overview files.  The default value is 15
    (which is probably way too low if you have a large number of file descriptors available).

rlimitnofile

    The maximum number of file descriptors that innd(8) or innfeed(8) can have open at once.
    If this parameter is set to a negative value, the default limit of the operating system
    will be used; this will normally be adequate on systems other than Solaris.
    The default value of this parameter is -1.
    Setting it to 256 on Solaris systems is highly recommended.

??

> I wonder if this is the problem that is being seen in potential 2.5 relesases.

Which problem?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: "Wife wanted".
  Next day he received a hundred letters.  They all said
  the same thing:  "You can have mine." »