CURRENT branch and older OSes

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Sat Nov 22 22:02:30 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 08:24:20AM -0700, The Doctor wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 02:41:27PM +0100, Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> > Hi The Doctor,
> >
> >> Bind identifiyg a problem in BSD?OS and fd.
> >> In fact we had to lower a limit.
> >
> > Which limit?
> >
> > overcachesize
> >
> >    How many cache slots to reserve for open overview files.  The default value is 15
> >    (which is probably way too low if you have a large number of file descriptors available).
> >
> > rlimitnofile
> >
> >    The maximum number of file descriptors that innd(8) or innfeed(8) can have open at once.
> >    If this parameter is set to a negative value, the default limit of the operating system
> >    will be used; this will normally be adequate on systems other than Solaris.
> >    The default value of this parameter is -1.
> >    Setting it to 256 on Solaris systems is highly recommended.
> >

> > ??
> >

> >> I wonder if this is the problem that is being seen in potential 2.5 relesases.
> >
> > Which problem?
> >

> Just tried the above in BSD/OS. STill no-dice!
>
> > --
> > Julien ÉLIE

I just remembered anytime I every started INN 2.5

I always got an error in regards to the INN Flags I pass.

And I know these work in INN 2.4 .

--
Member - Liberal International
This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Merry Christmas 2008  NOT 2o8 and Happy New Year 2009  NOT 2o9

believed to be clean.