CURRENT branch and older OSes

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Sun Nov 23 04:53:07 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:30:31PM +0100, Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> Hi The Doctor,
>
>> I just remembered anytime I every started INN 2.5
>> I always got an error in regards to the INN Flags I pass.
>> And I know these work in INN 2.4 .
>
> Which error?
> Which INN flags?

Found it!

2 fixes needed.

1)  The rc.news was using ${INNDSTART}

2.5 does not have this feature.

Made the manual change.

2)

Ther  is no -p in innd now and hence changed.

All right moved up to 2.5.0 SN 20081122 .

One weird problem noted and I am using CNFS/OVBD.

In trn 4.0- test 76

This really gets slow if you are on a list of many newsgroups and going
backwards is painful.

Not a problem in 2.4.X .

--
Member - Liberal International
This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Merry Christmas 2008  NOT 2o8 and Happy New Year 2009  NOT 2o9

believed to be clean.