CURRENT branch and older OSes

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Sun Nov 23 15:44:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 10:49:54AM +0100, Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> Hi The Doctor,
>
>> The rc.news was using ${INNDSTART}
>> 2.5 does not have this feature.
>
> The rc.news script is normally updated when you do "make update".
> Is there an issue during the update?

No.  This should be looked into.

There was an INNDSTART I was using.

>> One weird problem noted and I am using CNFS/OVBD.
>>
>> This really gets slow if you are on a list of many newsgroups and going
>> backwards is painful.
>>
>> Not a problem in 2.4.X .
>
> Do you know after which NNTP command INN is hanging?
>
> Either use "clinnd trace nnrpd y" or "nnrpd -t" if nnrpd runs as a daemon
> to see the commands sent by trn.  Especially when you go backwards.
> LIST?  LISTGROUP?  (X)OVER?

Shall do.

> Is it the same BerkeleyDB version as the one you are using in 2.4.x?

Yes.

> --
> Julien ÉLIE
>
> « As-tu jamais fait un rêve, Neo, dont tu avais l'impression
>  qu'il était réel ? Qu'est-ce qui se passerait si tu ne te réveillais jamais
>  de ce rêve, Neo ? Comment reconnaîtrais-tu le monde réel
>  du monde imaginaire ? » (Morpheus, _Matrix_)

> --
> believed to be clean.

Messieurs la route de progres derige lentement.

--
Member - Liberal International
This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Merry Christmas 2008  NOT 2o8 and Happy New Year 2009  NOT 2o9

believed to be clean.