Overview data on rebuilding

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Sep 8 18:10:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

I think it unwise to have "-e" in makehistory with RFC 3977:

-e
    Compute Bytes headers which is used for overview data.  This option is valid
    only if -O flag is specified and overview.fmt includes Bytes:.

People will forget to use it and it will break the compliance of
their news server.  What could we do?  Change "-e" to *not* compute :bytes?
Remove "-e"?

Note that overview rebuilding will be even more slower!

Another question:  Why does inn remove the Bytes: header of every article?
Is it harmful?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Le vrai danger, ce n'est pas quand les ordinateurs penseront comme les hommes,
  c'est quand les hommes penseront comme les ordinateurs. »