Res blocks in readers.conf

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Sep 27 19:21:09 UTC 2008

Hi Russ,

>> It is currently undocumented in CURRENT.  Is it something to keep
>> or is it a vestige from the past?
>
> It's been there since the beginning of readers.conf.  I'm not sure if
> anyone uses it.  However, if there are multiple res commands in a single
> auth block, I don't think that you can duplicate the functionality offered
> by the res blocks without them.

No problem.  I will keep them and document them.

>> By the way, I have just seen that we can include files within readers.conf:
>>    include: another-file.conf
>> works.  That is an interesting (undocumented) feature!
>
> That we should definitely document, although the syntax would have to
> change if we ever switch from the current readers.conf parser to the new
> parser I wrote for inn.conf.

The syntax is in fact:
    include another-file.conf
without the colon.  Sorry.

With your parser, I see that it is necessarily a whole group:
    group tag <filename>

It is also doable with readers.conf because group blocks also exist (and
can contain auth and access blocks).
But it is less powerful than the real inclusion done with the current syntax.
I do not think it is a problem because readers.conf files should be well structured.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Je n'aime pas faire du char-stop ! » (Astérix)