Moderated groups and approvals

Prasad K. Dharmasena pkd at umd.edu
Sun Sep 28 18:02:10 UTC 2008

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:

> "Prasad K. Dharmasena" <pkd at umd.edu> writes:
>
> > is the moderator.  How does one "tell" nnrpd whose approved articles it
> > is supposed to accept?
>
> In the relevant readers.conf access block for his connections, you need to
> grant access to post approved articles.  You do this by adding "A" to the
> access: key, or if it's not present, add something like:
>
>     access: RPA

Thank you very much.  That did the trick.

For the archives, I would like to add that the debugging syslog
messages (if the syslog.conf is setup to log news.debug stuff)
and the first two bullet points under the SUMMARY section in the
readers.conf(5) man page helped in figuring out the order in which
groups/users are matched.

As mentioned in my original post, I had to change the hostname/IP
of the news server.  I currently have only one working incoming feed.
Others listed in incoming.conf may have stopped working a long time
ago, I don't know.  Any advice to a novice newsmaster in getting
a couple of more incoming feeds?

Thanks.

-pkd