Strange INN-current crash.

Petr Novopashenniy pety at rusnet.ru
Wed Apr 1 09:28:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Petr Novopashenniy wrote:

PN> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Petr Novopashenniy wrote:
PN>
PN> PN>
PN> PN> Hi, All!
PN> PN>
PN> PN> After 5 successful days, innd crash every day at 22:12 (+ 03 GMT) -rw-------
PN> PN> 1 news  news  726220800 28 мар 22:12 innd.core
PN> PN> -rw-------  1 news  news  636121088 26 мар 22:12 innd.core-3
PN> PN> -rw-------  1 news  news  713437184 27 мар 22:12 innd.core-4
PN> PN>
PN> PN> PS:
PN> PN> Tomorrow the transition to summer time (from GMT +3 to GMT +4), and I check
PN> PN> new time of the problem...
PN> PN>
PN>
PN> And now again:
PN>
PN> -rw-------  1 news  news  636121088 26 мар 22:12 innd.core-3
PN> -rw-------  1 news  news  713437184 27 мар 22:12 innd.core-4
PN> -rw-------  1 news  news  726220800 28 мар 22:12 innd.core-5
PN> -rw-------  1 news  news  622993408 29 мар 23:12 innd.core-6

And again, but now at 11:12 and 23:12 every day :)). I found the source of
the problem. No problem with 2.4.[3-5] release (I not check 2.4.6, but I
believe, there are no errors).

I analyze tcpdump output, collected at time problem, and found the
latest article.

Please check this with INN current:

<pety>npc5:~$ telnet npc5 119
Trying 195.208.117.135...
Connected to npc5.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 npc5.stu.neva.ru InterNetNews server INN 2.5.0 (20090330 snapshot) ready
takethis <a1 at 19>