Obsolete files overview.fmt and sasl.conf

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Apr 12 19:20:06 UTC 2009

Hi Jeffrey,

>> innupgrade tries to properly handle the migration of sasl.conf
>> and overview.fmt into inn.conf.
>> Should we rename these two obsolete files to .OLD after the
>> run of innupgrade?
>
> I like this idea.
>
> And maybe for the programs as well, even.

OK, that's done.
innupgrade will now deal with the following changes:

# The mappings of obsolete file names to rename.
# If the new name is empty, the file is removed.
%RENAME = ('auth_smb'         => 'auth_smb.OLD',     # Obsolete programs in INN 2.5.0.
           'auth_smb.8'       => '',
           'gpgverify'        => 'gpgverify.OLD',
           'inndstart'        => 'inndstart.OLD',
           'inndstart.8'      => '',
           'overview.fmt'     => 'overview.fmt.OLD',
           'overview.fmt.5'   => '',
           'sasl.conf'        => 'sasl.conf.OLD',
           'sasl.conf.5'      => '',
           'startinnfeed'     => 'startinnfeed.OLD',
           'startinnfeed.1'   => '',

           'compliance-nntp'  => '',                 # Obsolete documentation in INN 2.5.0.
           'makeactive.8'     => '',                 # -- empty placeholder.
           'parsedate.3'      => '',                 # -- replaced by convdate.
           'pgpverify.8'      => '',                 # -- it is pgpverify(1).
           'README.readers.conf' => '',              # -- it is external-auth.
           'sm.8'             => '',                 # -- it is sm(1).

           'hook-tcl'         => 'hook-tcl.OLD',     # Obsolete Tcl hooks in INN 2.5.0.
           'filter.tcl'       => 'filter.tcl.OLD',
           'startup.tcl'      => 'startup.tcl.OLD');

I have put only the changes I found out between INN 2.4 and INN 2.5.
If you thought I missed some, do not hesitate to tell me.

Incidentally, with such a mechanism, it is now very easy to rename
a configuration file, if need be.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Les femmes seront les égales des hommes le jour
  où elles accepteront d'être chauves
  et de trouver que cela distingue. » (Coluche)