storage tokens duplications

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Aug 28 19:31:28 UTC 2009

> If I send you a patch, will you be able to test it?  (That is to say, stop INN, apply the patch,
> compile and update INN, modify in your history file @0401004A94E8000000000000000000000000@ to
> @0401004A94E8000000010000000000000000@, restart INN and request a retrieval of the article
> whose message-ID is the one for @0401004A94E8000000010000000000000000 at .)
> Normally, that request would give you a wrong article before the patch, and the right article
> after the patch.
> To retrieve an article:
>    sm '@0401004A94E8000000000000000000000000@'

Of course, there is no need to modify your history file in case you directly use "sm token".
Modifying it would be necessary in case you want to try NNTP commands like "ARTICLE message-ID"
but it is enough to check whether "sm token" works.

> I do not know what happens when we exceed these numbers for a CAF file...
> (> 3.5 GB or 262 144 articles)

which would mean that we received that amount of data within 256 seconds.
I doubt it can happen for the number of articles.  As for the size, maybe
with binaries; yet, it sounds a lot...

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Quinze ans de légion et être bleu ! » (Astérix)