Injection-Date and Injection-Info in nnrpd

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Dec 5 21:25:03 UTC 2009

>  Is it the server name in <path-identity>?  (I do not find where it is
>  explained in RFC 5536.)  We put here the domain or the virtual domain.

Yes, the intention was to use <path-identity> here.

>  There is no posting-account information.  Unless you see something
>  interesting to give here, known by nnrpd?

We could give the authenticated user, but we probably shouldn't by
default.

>  There may be posting-host="83.114.132.186:83.114.132.186" if reversing
>  the IP address does not work.

It looks like we're supposed to omit the part before the colon if we just
have an IPv4 or IPv6 address.

> * Also-Control:, Article-Names:, Article-Updates: and See-Also: are
>  obsolete and refused in INN 2.5.2.  [Or INN 2.6.0?]

> * No longer add the Lines: header in INN 2.5.2.  [Or INN 2.6.0?]

I tend to make changes like that in a major release, but it probably
doesn't matter too much either way.