cancel feed - what am I doing wrong?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Dec 27 10:10:41 UTC 2009

Hi Kamil,

> echo "mode cancel\r"|nc -U /var/run/news/nntpin
> 200 news.kjonca InterNetNews server INN 2.5.1 ready
> 284 CancelOK.

OK, that works fine.

Note that we would like to change "MODE CANCEL" to something
like "CANCEL <mid>" in future versions of INN.
And maybe add a parameter in incoming.conf (and readers.conf)
to specify who can cancel articles this way.

We have to write an experimental Internet-Draft before.

>> netcat on Debian does not know the -U flag :-/
>
> Try to install "netcat-openbsd".

Thanks!
I did not know that package.  New in Lenny I see.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Avez-vous remarqué qu'à table les mets que l'on vous sert vous mettent
  les mots à la bouche ? » (Raymond Devos)