alternative to newspost

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Dec 29 08:24:17 UTC 2009

Hi Rabie,

> I did successfully send text files to the newsgroup using inews,
> I tried to force inn to use txt/html as Content-Type to send html
> articles...
>
> in inn.conf I added the following entry I don't know if it's valid or not :
>
> mimecontenttype:        "multipart/alternative; charset=iso-8859-1"

mimecontenttype is not an inn.conf parameter.  It will not work.
What you could do is adding a Content-Type: header to your posts
via the nnrpd posting filter filter_nnrpd.pl; see:
   http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/hook-perl.html

> when I use inews, it comes all plain text and even if I force the
> client to use html it will not convert it because no mimes have been sent.

Why not add the appropriate Content-Type: header (+ MIME-Version:
and Content-Transfer-Encoding: headers) directly in the headers of the
articles you post via inews?
I think it would be the wisest thing to do if you do want to have
that header added.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Plus un ordinateur possède de RAM, plus vite il peut générer
  un message d'erreur. »