RFC 5536 and the O flag in INN's newsfeeds

Ray Banana rayban at banana.shacknet.nu
Thu Dec 31 14:40:18 UTC 2009

Thus spake Julien ÉLIE <julien at trigofacile.com>

>>> OTOH, the O flag in INN's newsfeeds file relies on the contents of the
>>> is supposed to be obsoleted by the Injection-Info header, are there any
>>> plans to change innd in order to provide origin-based feeds based on
>>> the information provided by the Injection-Info: header rather than the X-Trace: header?
>> Yes, it is on my imminent to-do list (== paper on my desk).
>> It will use Injection-Info: if present.  Otherwise X-Trace if present.
> Just committed in CURRENT.
> It normally parses well the Injection-Info: header (taking into account
> a possible CFWS before the path identity).  Do not hesitate to tell me
> in case you find out a problem with it.

Hi Julièn,

now that the issue with with folding the Injection-Info header is
settled, I have abandoned the X-Trace header and the -O flag works
perfectly with Injection-Info. Next, I will integrate the information of
Eternal-September's X-Auth-User header into Injection-Info. Thanks for
all your work.

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.
http://www.eternal-september.org