tdx-util/expire question and docheckgroup

William Kronert wkronert at sunstroke.sdsu.edu
Thu Feb 19 21:39:58 UTC 2009

Hi Julien,

At 12:29 PM 2/19/2009, Julien ÉLIE wrote:

>>>tdx-util: tradindexed: low water mark
>>>incorrect for de.comm.software.browser.misc: 1914 != 1913
>>>tdx-util: tradindexed: count incorrect for
>>>de.comm.software.browser.misc: 2 != 3
>>
>>The tdx-util audit is reporting ten groups
>>where as before it would have maybe 50 or so at this time.
>>Not sure what to think.
>
>I do not know whether it could be related but are
>you currently using overchan?  (set up in newsfeeds
>and also "useoverchan: true" in inn.conf)

I initially did have overchan setup but changed
inn.conf to false and took it out of newsfeeds
about a month ago when I decided to change some
other things.  I was and am using CNFS storage
but changed from groupbaseexpiry: false to true
and also changed expires to reflect groupbaseexpiry true.

I changed groupbaseexpiry: true because I much
prefer the better control of newgroup retention
and spool control.  I really like CNFS storage
but much prefer the finer control I can get with
group base expires.  I made those changes about a
month ago and so far I am really happy with the performance and over all setup.

Not sure if that may help but wanted to let you know of the current setup.

Bill