makehistory docs say it doesn't make dbz files, but they appear nonetheless

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Feb 21 19:58:44 UTC 2009

> Can we assume that the dbz indexes for the history file are rebuilt
> by both makehistory and makedbz?  And that it is useful to run
> makedbz after makehistory in order to improve the efficiency of
> the dbz indexes (better size)?

I believe it's useful to run makedbz after makehistory to improve the
efficiency of the indices.  I think we can assume that makehistory will
always create dbz indices when it generates a new history file, though.
(They just may not be very good ones, since makehistory doesn't know how
large to make the hash table.)