INN 2.4.5 crashing in Perl_doing_taint()

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Jan 18 14:37:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > What sort of Perl needs does your INN have?  (Surely you ran ./configure
> > with --with-perl; are you using any custom Perl filters, or the perl hooks
> > into readers.conf?)
>
> This is where I wasn't sure ... I think / thought hte only thing I was
> running was the cleanfeed stuff ... but let me try rebuilding without perl
> and see if it gets past ...

Ho hum.  I don't think it will really help (because it looks like the
crash is well inside the perl libraries) but for kicks can you recompile
with debugging info enabled (do `make clean` then `make warnings`) so that
gdb's backtrace can give you more details?

Also, what exactly was the crash?  Segmentation fault?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org