More weird stuff

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Jan 29 19:53:28 UTC 2009

Hi Russ,

> If I'm understanding you correctly, the Autoconf standard is
> HAVE_DECL_SETPROCTITLE:
>
>  - Macro: AC_CHECK_DECLS (SYMBOLS, [ACTION-IF-FOUND],
>           [ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND], [INCLUDES = `default-includes'])

Thanks!
This function is indeed very convenient!

I quickly skimmed through the Autoconf man page and I saw nice checks
I was not aware of.

My previous answer may have looked weird; I wrongly understood the
meaning of your piece of advice "changing the conditional to look like
the one for snprintf in the header" and I thought that I had to do
something like what we can find in m4/snprintf.m4!

> So we would separately probe for the existence of the fuction and the
> existence of the declaration, and then can make decisions in the
> implementation based on whatever combination of the two the local host
> has.

Now understood.  I have just made the change.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Le sel de l'existence est essentiellement dans le poivre qu'on y met. »