Test suite on BSDI BSD/OS

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Sat Jan 31 13:52:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 02:27:45PM +0100, Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Two remaining issues for the test suite.
> The first one:
> * authprogs/ident
> * lib/network
> for which everything fails because of network_bind_ipv4("127.0.0.1", 11119).
> If I put "0.0.0.0", these tests work fine.
> Otherwise:
>
>    cannot bind socket for 127.0.0.1,11119: Can't assign requested address
>
> What could prevent the system from using 127.0.0.1?  How to fix that?

Makes no sense.

how is INN trying to establish the socket?

> The second one:
> * lib/getaddrinfo
>
>    test_getaddrinfo("foo.invalid", NULL, NULL, &ai) == EAI_NONAME
>
> is false.  There is no error -> code 0 is returned.
> Should we check for one of EAI_NONAME and 0?  Or is there something else to fix?

egrep EAI /usr/include/*.h yields

netdb.h:#define EAI_NONAME       8      /* hostname nor servname provided, or not known */

--
Member - Liberal International
This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Birthdate: 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England

believed to be clean.