Installations on different user/group

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Jan 31 21:40:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

> During "make install", it appears that makedbz is run as "kmem" group.
> If I understand well, *gmake* setgids to "kmem".

I hope that when gmake is run as root (for "make install/update"), it keeps
its rights, so that makedbz is run as root and can setgid itself to the
news group.
Could you please confirm it, The Doctor, when you try to install
the following snapshot (1st February) of CURRENT?

I think INN now works fine on your platform.  Once you have tested it
with real feeds and your usual configuration, could you please report
whether you are satisfied with CURRENT?

Thanks beforehand,

--
Julien ÉLIE

« We always hold hands.  If I let go, she shops. »