SASL support in INN 2.5.0

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jun 26 06:11:19 UTC 2009

Hi Alexander,

>> If there is a perl_auth:, python_auth: or auth: parameter along with
>> "sasl_auth: true", they will not be checked if AUTHINFO SASL is used
>> (there might be no password with AUTHINFO SASL).
>
> What's the problem if $::attributes{password} is undefined or the
> empty string?

The problem is that the user is *already* authenticated by SASL
when auth blocks are checked.
AUTHINFO SASL does not use nnrpd_auth.pl; it uses its own mechanism
and return success or failure.  Then, what would nnrpd_auth.pl do?

> In my current setup readers.conf contains only one auth block and
> all access is checked by perl_auth/perl_access.

nnrpd_access.pl can be used.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Le chemin n'est pas difficile, c'est le difficile qui est
  le chemin. » (Kierkegaard)