Large files support on FreeBSD

Johan van Selst johans at stack.nl
Mon Mar 23 07:07:48 UTC 2009

Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> Hmm...  I think you wanted to say 2.52 (which contains ac_cv_sys_largefile_source
> in lib/autoconf/functions.m4).
> 2.62 is very recent (April 2008) and not even shipped with Lenny!

That's a year old - to the maintainers that version is probably
forgotton already, as 2.63 is the latest release and the autoconf
maintainers don't seem to provide support/patches for older versions.

> Anyway, INN 2.5.0 requires Autoconf 2.59 and ac_cv_sys_largefile_source is
> defined in this version.  No need to change the requirement then.

Note that ac_cv_sys_largefile_source is also defined in autoconf 2.63,
but the variable that it fails to set is ac_cv_func_fseeko. Could you
check if autoconf 2.59 does that? Also the 2.59 release is from 2003;
I doubt if many people still have that installed by default.

However the configure file is generated before distribution: it doesn't
really matter what version of autoconf is present on the system of the
people compiling INN; but only what version of autoconf is present on
the system building the INN release package.

Johan