CURRENT branch

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sat May 9 23:43:30 UTC 2009

On Sat, 9 May 2009, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Okay, that's disturbing.  Yeah, it sounds like we broke out-of-order
> overview storage somehow.  I suspect Jeff's patch since we're getting
> the diagnostic message that he added.
>
> I'm not sure I could have made this test case harder to understand if I
> tried.  :)

I definitely don't understand what's going on, sadly!

However, I can't even forecast when I'll next have time to really devote
to this.  My patch definitely fixed some sort of bug that we were seeing
with multiple newsreaders (and it makes sense, that we shouldn't be
remapping data in the middle of a supposedly OVSTATICSEARCH search), but
if it's causing more breakage than it fixes, certainly feel free to revert
it for now.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org