Additional localgroups file for LIST NEWSGROUPS

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Nov 17 21:28:27 UTC 2009

Hi Russ,

>> One may also have duplicates in the newsgroups file...
>> Nothing checks that (except docheckgroups for managed hierarchies).
>
> Yeah, I used to run a script on my servers that would clean up any
> duplicates in the newsgroups file.  But the localgroups would duplicate
> the newsgroups file by design (for groups that haven't been removed but
> that one doesn't want to go away even if they are), as opposed to just by
> accident.

Oh, you're right.  I had not thought about handling such duplicates
in the resulting concatenation of the checkgroups and localgroups
when docheckgroups processes it.

Just fixed.

And we leave LIST NEWSGROUPS as returning only the content of the
newsgroups file.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Quae longo tempore extenuentur corpora,
  lente reficere oportet. » (Hippocrate)