Batcher and it's man page.

Kamil Jońca kjonca at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Oct 20 21:33:23 UTC 2009

> Hi Kamil,
>
>> man batcher:
>>
>> [...]
>> All other lines in the input should consist of one or two fields
>> separated by a single space.  The first field is either the storage API
>> token of an article or the name of a file holding an article.
>> [...]
>> -S spool
>>           Specifies an additional spool directory to search in for
>>           articles.  If this option is given, the first field of an
>>           input line is a relative path name, and if the article isn't
>>           found in patharticles, it is also looked for under spool.
>> [...]
>>
>> Unfortunately, it looks like that batcher ignores filenames, and
>> properly process only lines with storage tokens in them.
>
> Oh, you're quite right.
> It appears that batcher does not deal with path names.  The -S flag
> should no longer exist!
>
> See revision 2444 (October 1999):
>    http://inn.eyrie.org/trac/changeset/2444/trunk
>
> Strange that such a feature disappeared in archive, batcher and cvtbatch...
> It does not seem to be an error since the warning "not token" was clearly
> added!

Yes, I'm pretty sure that it is not an error in code, but in manual.
:)

But this error existed for nearly 10 years ...  (I think)
[...]

> You can also look at a previous version of innxmit in case you want to
> backport the code, if it still works.

Yes, but I don't know if it is "desirable" feature. I tried to use it
(batcher's -S flag) because I have to deal with some "archive" spools
and processing thousands of files with shell scripts is rather
slow,  so I searched for somthing faster.

KJ