testing inn-2.5.1rc1 with MySQL DB

Rabie Khabouze rkhabouze at fbdfrozen.com
Thu Sep 17 17:07:46 UTC 2009

Hello,

I downloaded the latest INN release and installed it on a FC 10 64bit
machine, the installation went good except I had to install some perl
modules. ( perl-MIME-tools, perl-GD ).

In another machine FC 11 64bit I am using inn-2.4.6-1.fc11.x86_64
installed with yum.

inn-2.4.6-1 is a little bit slow as I mentioned to Julien in a previous
message, so I am trying to use/upgrade to 2.5.1 rc, I see there is a
difference of the way inn is set up, different paths etc.

I used to run inn with inndstart now when I try to run it with
/usr/local/news/bin/innd it won't start,  I guess I am missing some
steps, is there a documentation to how to setup inn 2.5.1rc correctly
and how to configure it to use mysql db for user authentication.

Thanks a lot.

Rabie Khabouze