Berkeley DB 4.8

Ray Banana rayban at banana.shacknet.nu
Fri Sep 18 14:36:53 UTC 2009

Julien ÉLIE wrote:

> I see that Berkeley DB 4.8 has just been released.
> Has anyone using ovdb got a chance to test it with INN 2.5?

FWIW: I compiled INN Current 2.6.0 with Berkeley DB 4.8.24 (compiled
from the sources) on a Debian Lenny system without a problem, ovdb_init
-u successfully upgraded the version 4.7 OVDB database and I also did a
complete rebuild of OVDB with makehistory -O (2 hours for 10 million
articles on an idle system with 2 GiB ram, spool is CNFS on LVM raw
devices).

As this is a test system, it's not possible to carry out extensive
performance tests, however. Also, I don't use OVDB on the production
systems and do not intend to do so in the future.

If you would like me to do any tests for you, please feel free to
contact my by email.

hth