INN 2.5.2 Anomalies

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Aug 30 20:03:59 UTC 2010

Hi Martin,

> ->LIST ACTIVE *
> <-503 No list of active newsgroups available

That's indeed not good at all...

> Thing is, if one closes the connection, immediately opens another
> and runs the same commands again, it works just fine.

Very weird.

> This behaviour coincides with an upgrade to 2.5.2, however this
> is not proven to be the cause.

What was the previous version?

> Digging into INN sources, e.g. the 400 with ARTICLE appears to be
> related to history. History was rebuild on the server and things still
> happen.

Is the new INN 2.5.2 compiled with the same configure options as the
previous one?  (especially large files support or things like that)
What is the size of the history file?

Which overview method and storage method(s)?

> Anyone with other good ideas what could be the cause that
> INN is acting like that? Seen this before somewhere?

I unfortunately do not know what is happening...

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Aux quatre coins de l'Hexagone. »