Removing overview lines when cancelling articles

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen larsi at quimbies.gnus.org
Sat Jan 30 14:27:12 UTC 2010

> (gdb) print groups->strings[2]
> $7 = 0x830d4d5 "trigofacile.test:390\r\n"

And there's the CR that my patch sorta fixed...  Perhaps it should check
for NUL, "\r" or "\n"?  Probably just dropping the test is fin.

> However, there is an issue with the contents of the data:  the high water
> mark is reported to be 388.  Which is clearly wrong.  And the function
> aborts here because 390 > 388...

Hm.  Odd.  The high water mark for me is the actual highest number in
the group.

Is it possible you've posted the articles you're cancelling in the same
nnrpd session as you're cancelling the articles, and that's why it
hasn't updated the high water mark?  Or that the cancelling nnrpd
session is older than the posting session?

> Do you have special parameters in inn.conf for overcachesize or
> things like that?

Not that I know of, except this one:

> -> I assume nnrpdcheckart is FALSE.

Yes.

My inn.conf has been pretty much constant since inn 1.x days, so perhaps
there's a new default in 2.x that my inn.conf is lacking?

> Note that if I post, *restart* INN and cancel the article, it works fine :-)
> (The cached overview data file has been updated because of the restart.)

Right.  Try posting, closing the nnrpd connection, opening a new one,
and then cancel the article, and see what happens...

  larsi at gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen