Can I use SSL on port 119 for nntp

Evans, Darren E (IS) darren.evans at ngc.com
Tue Jun 22 17:34:30 UTC 2010

Is it possible to use SSL on port 119 between two news servers.  The
servers synchronize groups an articles between themselves.  I was trying
to see in the docs if there is a way to configure nntps, but didn't see
anything.  We currently use tls/ssl on the nnrpd connection, but that
only covers the readers.  We are currently using IPSec to encrypt
traffic over 119 between servers, but we were wondering if there is
another way to do this using just SSL like nnrpd.  Thanks.

Darren