motd.nnrpd and motd.innd

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Oct 25 19:54:58 UTC 2010

Hi all,

We currently have a file named "motd.news" used by nnrpd for LIST MOTD.

I suggest:

 * renaming "motd.news" to "motd.nnrpd" (via innupgrade);
 * implementing LIST MOTD in innd, using "motd.innd";
 * updating samples + documentation.

I believe it would be proper than "motd.news" (confusing name)
and would allow to have "motd.innd" for innd and "motd.nnrpd"
for nnrpd.  (Well, in case someone wants to put a message
of the day in innd, who knows...)

Do not hesitate to tell if you think it is a bad idea.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« First Guy (proudly):  "My wife's an angel!"
  Second Guy:  "You're lucky, mine's still alive." »