innd and rejects of dates

Thomas Hochstein inn-workers at ml.th-h.de
Sun Sep 26 08:51:22 UTC 2010

Julien ÉLIE wrote:

> A Date: in 2000 or a Date: in 2020 would then be accepted by innd
> for an Injection-Date: in 2010.  And an invalid date too.
> Is it wise to let such articles pass through?

What about replay of signed control messages, i.e. old checkgroups?

Currently you can't reinject an old checkgruops successfully because
its Message-ID is in history or it'll be rejected because its Date is
too old; both are signed headers. If INN will accept old articles with
a current Injection-Date - which was and is not signed, and even not
signable as it will be appended by the injecting agent (?) -, it will
be possible to replay a checkgroups from five year ago which will be
executed due to its valid signature. What do I miss here?

-thh