Function replacements (warnings from autoscan)

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Aug 18 16:28:57 UTC 2011

Hi Russ,

>> configure.ac: warning: missing AC_FUNC_LSTAT_FOLLOWS_SLASHED_SYMLINK wanted by: storage/tradspool/tradspool.c:1066
>> configure.ac: warning: missing AC_FUNC_MKTIME wanted by: lib/date.c:416
>
> I think autoscan's advice is out of date or irrelevant.  Systems without
> mktime basically don't exist any more, and we don't care whether lstat
> follows symlinks with trailing slashes.

All right.  I will just ignore these warnings.  All the other warnings
reported by autoscan are similar.

>> Should we do something?  (Putting Gnulib replacements in our lib
>> directory and adding the needed changes to make use of them?)
>
> Gnulib is unfortunately a licensing landmine, as a lot of the replacement
> functions are under either the GPL or the LGPL, with various fallout for
> the licensing of the rest of the project that uses them.  That's one of
> the reasons why I use rra-c-util and my own replacements rather than
> Gnulib.

OK.  I have just synchronized our libraries and test suite with the
latest version of rra-c-util (3.7).
The new version of the test suite (with a label for every test run) is
much more pleasant to use!  (Debugging/Finding the failing test is easier.)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Constitutiones tempore posteriores potiores prioribus. »