signcontrol upstream?

Heiko Schlichting heiko at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Mon Aug 29 07:57:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

> I do not know whether FORMAT, README, sample.control and sign.sh are
> already under a public revision control somewhere but in case they
> aren't, I am unsure they should be added to INN.

"sign.sh" was last changed 15 years ago and I used RCS at that time. It was
just a small hack due to restrictions that perl could not be used by one of
the moderators. I know that there are some people still using it but
I think it is of insufficient quality to be added to INN.

Anyway, the latest version is attached to this mail but if a script to sign
news articles should be added to INN, it should be rewritten in perl, get
a test suite and a manual page instead of a German one line comment.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting                Freie Universität Berlin
heiko.schlichting at fu-berlin.de   Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung
Telefon +49 30 838-54327         Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327         14195 Berlin