Compilation with gcc 4.6.0

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Jul 6 16:59:22 UTC 2011

Hi Russ,

>> Shouldn't we do the same thing with Perl?  It would allow to load a module
>> Filter_innd.pm' and call 'Filter_innd::filter_art'?
>> On reload, we just unload 'Filter_innd' and load it again.
>> I still do not know what to do for startup_innd.pl; the name space would
>> not be the same.
>
> Yeah, this is exactly the kind of thing that it seemed like we should be
> doing.  (The Perlish namespace would probably be something like
> INN::Filter.)  I don't know that there's any way to do it in a way that's
> backward-compatible, though.  (But I haven't thought about it hard.)

We currently have:
* filter_innd.pl and startup_innd.pl
* filter_nnrpd.pl
* nnrpd_access.pl and nnrpd_access_wrapper.pl
* nnrpd_auth.pl and nnrpd_auth_wrapper.pl

With you suggestion of namespace, I think it would be:
* INN::Filter::Transit
* INN::Filter::Reader
* INN::Access::Reader
* INN::Auth::Reader

Does it sound good?  Or would INN::Transit::Filter, INN::Reader::Filter,
etc. be better?

We already have INN::Config for the whole configuration.

Though I have still not searched and tested, I hope there is a way to
load the functions defined in a Perl script (our current filter_innd.pl
for instance) and find them as INN::Filter::Transit::filter_art() from
our C API.  It would then be transparent for Cleanfeed, Postfilter and
similar programs; and also for our (external) documentation :-)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Le cercle est le plus long chemin d'un point au même point. »
   (Tom Stoppard, _Every Good Boy Deserves Favour_)