Call for inncheck testing

John F. Morse inn at xanadu-bbs.net
Thu Jul 7 16:45:28 UTC 2011

Hi Julien,

> As you may have noticed, Florian has contributed with a new improved
> inncheck script which checks the syntax of:
>  * incoming.conf
>  * innfeed.conf
>  * readers.conf
>  * storage.conf
>
> We need real-world testing so as to be aware of possible false positive
> warnings and fix them before shipping this new version with INN 2.5.3.
>
> If you run INN 2.5.0 or later, could you please report issues with a run
> of inncheck on your system?
>
> It only requires these four steps.  No need to install or update
> anything else.
>
> 1 - download
> http://inn.eyrie.org/svn/trunk/scripts/inncheck.in
>
> 2 - change the second line of inncheck.in to match what is currently
> present in your installed inncheck script.  It is something like:
> use lib '/usr/lib/perl'; use INN::Config;
>
> 3 - run, as the news user:
> perl inncheck.in -pedantic
>
> 4 - have a look at the output, and please report any false positive
> warning you see.
>
> Thanks beforehand,

INN compiled from source:

news at n102:/usr/lib/news/bin$ cat /etc/debian_version
6.0.1

news at n102:/usr/lib/news/bin$ innconfval -v
INN 2.5.2

news at n102:/usr/lib/news/bin$ perl inncheck.in -pedantic
/etc/news/innfeed.conf: required key initial-sleep not defined in global scope.

Debian apt-get INN package install:

news at v102:/usr/lib/news/bin$ cat /etc/debian_version
6.0.1

news at v102:/usr/lib/news/bin$ innconfval -v
INN 2.5.2

news at v102:/usr/lib/news/bin$ perl inncheck.in -pedantic
/etc/news/innfeed.conf:0: mode 644, should be between 400 and 660
/etc/news/innfeed.conf: required key initial-sleep not defined in global scope.

HTH.

--
John