Sending all posts from a given newsgroups to another server

Alexander Bartolich alexander.bartolich at gmx.at
Wed Mar 16 05:11:52 UTC 2011

Divya Sundaram wrote:
> [...] One of the FAQs is how to send ALL articles on an OLD server
 > to a New Server. I was reading through the FAQ on this, but didn't
 > quite grok if my question was answered. What I need to do is to
 > send all the articles in just 6 of the (internal) newsgroups from
 > the OLD news server to our NEW server. Any insights on how I could
 > do that?

1. Get a list of Message-IDs. If you are using tradspool this is trivial.
    Write them to a file, one per line, including angle brackets.
2. Use grephistory to convert Message-IDs into storage tokens.
    grephistory -s < message-id.txt > token.txt
3. token.txt is suitable input for innxmit

Ciao

     Alexander.